Information on Intercrosse:
Intercrosse is a team sport, where a soft plastic ball has to be hit into the goal on the other side of the court with the intercrosse stick.
Intercross can be played indoors on either a basketball court sized area (28.80 x 13.50 m) or a handball court size of (40 x 20 m). If these courts aren't available then compromise with a playing field. The playing area consists of two zones; an attack and a defence zone. There are no offside rules. Each player can move freely around the court.
Each player has an intercrosse stick, that has a plastic basket on the end. This basket is used to catch and throw the plastic ball.
A team consists of a minimum of 5 players, a goalie and 4 players on the court. The aim of the game is to get the ball into the streethockey sized goal on the other side of the court.
Advantages of Intercrosse:
- It is a quick team game
- Simple rules, so that everyone can understand it quickly
- The game encourages the cultivation of relationships as a team wins and not an individual
- International game
- A fair game: body contact and stick contact is not allowed
- Game for both indoors and outdoors
- The game can be played in different ways
- Ideal game in school PE lessons
You may also be interested in the following product(s)